CCTNS is a Mission Mode Project (MMP) under the National e-Governance Plan of Govt. of India. CCTNS aims at creating a comprehensive and integrated system for enhancing the efficiency and effectiveness of policing. It will not only automate Police functions at Police station and higher levels but will also create facilities and mechanism to provide public services like registration of online complaints, ascertaining the status of case registered at the police station, verification of persons etc.
The records of crimes and criminals available at one police station will be accessible to any other police office. The goals of the system are to facilitate collection, storage, retrieval, analysis, transfer and sharing of data and information at the police station and between the police station and the State Headquarters and the Central Police Organizations. National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) is the central nodal agency that would manage CCTNS
CCTNS In Kerala
Kerala has been selected as a pilot state by NCRB for the implementation of CCTNS project. State Crime Records Bureau (SCRB) is the state nodal agency responsible for implementing the project. Tata Consultancy Services Ltd (TCS) has been selected as the System Integrator (SI) for implementing the Project. Accenture Services Pvt. Ltd. was selected as the State Project Monitoring Unit (SPMU)for monitoring the implementation of CCTNS in the state.
INSIGHT, the CCTNS learning space at the 5th Floor, New Building, Police Headquarters of Kerala Police has been launched. It was inaugurated by Shri. Pinarayi Vijayan, Hon. Chief Minister of Kerala on 26th of October 2020 at 11.30 AM.
- This smart training space equipped with modern technologies and amenities for e-learning concepts.
- The 56 seated Air conditioned training hall with smart and interactive training panel is the main attraction of the INSIGHT
- The training hall encompasses the following features
- 56 AIO systems for participants
- Live broadcasting of training panel to all the systems.
- Broadcasting of the video to maximum of 254 same network systems across the state
- Two additional displays for clear vision in parallel with the interactive panel.
- PA systems with presenter wireless system.
- CCTV surveillance of the training hall and other areas Reception area for registration and enrolment
- External speakers lounge Interactive smart panel in the training hall is a multi- tasking device it can act as an Android/Windows device and at the same time it is an interactive white board and can cast display to other systems and vice versa
- Also INSIGHT includes Polnet (Police Network) lounge with direct VSAT connection